#MacroSW Chat 2/13/2020: A Conversation with NASW about Legislative and Social Justice Priorities
Reblogged from #MacroSW: Where Social Workers Connect About Macro Practice,
Post by Kristen Battista-Frazee: https://macrosw.com/2020/02/10/macrosw-chat-2-13-2020-a-conversation-with-nasw-about-legislative-and-social-justice-priorities/
Editor’s Note: If you have any priorities that you’d like NASW to address, please email https://macrosw.com/contact-us/ or join the chat on Feb. 13th!
The National Association of Social Workers (NASW) works on a range of policy initiatives which supports and affects social workers nationwide. All social workers can play a role in the policy work undertaken by NASW. Also, your community priorities and efforts need to be shared to create necessary synergies a the local and national level.
Join our chat on Thursday, February 13 at 9 p.m. Eastern (6 p.m. Pacific) co-hosted by NASW who will share their legislation and social justice priorities and macro practice initiatives. The goal of this chat is for NASW to receive your feedback about their legislative work and learn about your policy priorities in your local community and state.
Questions from NASW
- What areas in macro practice do you think the social work profession should tackle?
- What issues and legislation are you and your organization working on?
- NASW signed on to a letter demanding President Donald Trump rejoin the Paris accord to address global warming. Is anyone working on the issue of climate change?
- How can NASW support what you are doing in macro practice and policy work?
- NASW has long been committed to improving the rights of people of color. What are you doing on this issue? How can you work with NASW to achieve the goal of equal rights for all? #MacroSW